Saturday, December 13, 2014

Christmas Lights at Extreme ISO

Ok, I admit to being lazy when I shot these … but I was walking the dog and carried the GM1 in my pocket just for the halibut …

My next door neighbor did a nice job of decorating his property …

Yes, you can see massive grain and some funky color because these are shot at ISOs like 12800 etc … but for snapshots they are ok.

A few houses down is the most brightly lit house on the street … I really like this look …

His next door neighbor also has quite a few decorations and they really complement one another.

This next one would suit Halloween more than Christmas … creepy …

It was shot at 25600 by the way …

I plan on walking around with the dog when we get a nice fresh blanket of snow in order to capture the lights at low ISO. Stay tuned …