Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ha Ha … funny … warning – don’t read this if profanity offends you too easily …

I was starving and there was not much around to make … Nick was not sure what he wanted and I’m on my 11th straight day of working ridiculous hours to complete a project …

So I decided to make a quick and easy pasta dish. Well, I was pretty impatient and ended up not giving the super high fiber noodles (Fiber Gourmet Nests – 18g fiber per serving) enough time to cook, nor did I infuse the Olive Oil with the garlic for more than a moment … which led to a chewy dinner with far too sharp a taste. To be clear, it sucked.

Here’s where the profanity starts, so the faint of heart please move along …

Nick and I were laughing over the horrible meal that I was scarfing down (while complaining) and I suggested that I would have been better off crapping on the floor and eating that, to which Nick immediately replied – laughing -- “like Buddy used to do”, honing in on the reference immediately (Buddy was our dog a couple of decades ago and he enjoyed his own and the kids’ caca for a snack now and again.)

We were chuckling over this when my brain snapped on a joke that amused me, although it is still unrefined. But here goes anyway …

What is the difference between a conservative government and a dog?
A dog will happily eat its own shit, and yours …

Like I said … unformed, as you have to work too hard to get the corollary.

But it has the ring of something potentially special in the right comedian’s hands Smile

Update: Thought of a few variations ...

What is the difference between a government and a dog?
One regularly kicks you in the balls,
and the other licks his own.

What is the difference between a government and a dog?
One shits everywhere and expects you to clean it up,
and the other licks your face.

I think I’m liking that last one a bit Smile