Sunday, May 13, 2012

HS25 Review – Part 12 – How about that reach?

It is hard to get over the incredible range on a lens like this. And especially because some of the issues I remember from the HS10 are not present here. The HS10 had contrast issues at full zoom and sharpness was mediocre. That was also down to the smaller sensor and a mediocre JPEG engine (my opinion.)

So this camera, despite giving up RAW, is easily outperforming my memory of the HS10. It has excellent high ISO as I have proven time and again already.

But it’s the clarity at distance that stands out as Fuji’s greatest achievement with this camera.

After I left my son’s double header on Friday evening, I stopped across the parking lot to watch some kites fly. Here they are at 25mm … and yes, there are three. Strain for it :-)


HS25  200iso  f/3.6  1/2200  -2/3ev

Now I zoom in to the full 687mm.


HS25  200iso  f/5.6  1/1600  -2/3ev

There’s even a small amount of crop room here …

A telescope in your hands … so very cool …