Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Love the Smell of Fraud in the Morning

Just spending too much time disputing 2 grand in fraudulent charges. I put all bills through a credit card to collect air line points, which has been most helpful for my Aeroplan balance. But because of that, it is hard to see fraud when it appears …

The obvious ploy is to put through small charges and then double it each month until the jig is up. Well, this was month three and the quadrupled charge got my attention. After scanning the last 4 months with a fine toothed comb, I found four charges in total … one to the “Maple Truck Stop” and three to “Bell Mobility.” My card is now cancelled (and I will spend the next 3 hours calling all my vendors to have them hold charges until Monday when my new account arrives) and these charges are in dispute. I will be lucky to get half back since I did not notice the April charges in time …

Such is life I suppose. The lazy like to suck the life blood of the productive part of the population.

No comments: