Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Et tu, Walmart?

Joining the ranks of disappointing corporations, Walmart raised prices on all of their meal replacement bars yesterday. My brother sent me a text with a few choice words for the fact that their prices on the bar that he prefers went up 50%.

The bar that I prefer went up 100%!!! That’s just insane … since he is in Winnipeg and I am in Ottawa, this is obviously a Canada-wide attack on healthy structured meals.

I would not have cared less if they’d raised the price on candy … but to raise the prices so dramatically on meal replacements?

Shame on you Walmart …

1 comment:

little al said...

...didn't you know Walmart is planning to set up shop on Wall Street? Can't do it selling cheap bars over there - so market research in Canada first.

Cheers