Wednesday, December 30, 2009

We Rise Again

I really like this song ... I first heard it on a Rankin family CD, and Jonathan really took to it for a while. I believe it is Cookie Rankin who hits that piercing high note that stuns me every time. As an aside, I saw the Rankins a few years ago and Cookie has lost some of that edge. If I remember, though, she saved something for this song and hit the note at least once.

Anyway ... I found a very interesting version of the song on YouTube today ... it is sung by a huge group of Nova Scotian artists, including Anne Murray (the hostess), Rita MacNeil, the men of the Deeps, the Rankins, and a few others I did not recognize. A very nice version of the song ...



Of course, those who follow this blog will remember that I attended the Rita MacNeil and Men of the Deeps Christmas Concert at the NAC on 12 December. And I recorded more than a dozen songs. Here is their version of We Rise Again ...

No comments: