Thursday, June 25, 2009

OMG! Farrah is gone too!


My blog entry for Michael Jackson was the result of a feeling of great loss for the planet. A remarkable artist leaves ... a little like the day Elvis died, and just as sudden from my perspective.

But I had no idea that Farrah Fawcett died this morning too, after her long battle with cancer. We knew it was coming, but who could possibly want such a beautiful memory to pass? I probably watched every episode of Charlie's Angels when I was a kid, and she was just plain HOT!

And her passing is simply terribly sad. I read an article on her final moments with Ryan O'Neill at her side and a few friends. The other Angels had stopped in, and her 91 year old father had flown in a few days ago for a last kiss. It was enough to raise a pretty solid lump to my throat ... I just plain liked that woman. Her acting was a huge cut above what would have have been expected from someone marketed mainly as a bunny ... and she gathered a lot of acclaim over her career.

So I'm really sad today ... the loss of Michael Jackson and Farah Fawcett in one day ... *sigh* ...

Edit: Can't leave this one alone ... gotta write a haiku, even one that sucks ...

Angels shedding tears
Heaven receives great beauty

Farrah has arrived

No comments: