Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rita MacNeil and the Men of the Deeps

This is the third time in my life that I have scored front row seats at the National Arts Center in Ottawa. The first was Just for Laughs last year, and I managed to miss that show anyway. The second was late last year for the Lennon & McCartney Song Book, and for that I had front row center! (The ludicrous thing about that night is that everyone in my family refused to go with me at the last minute, so I burned the other seat and used it for a coat rack. That won't be a problem any more though ...) And this time it is for Rita MacNeil and the Men of the Deeps on December 12, 2009.


I happen to like the robust chorus that the Men of the Deeps add to her powerful voice, so I am really looking forward to seeing that. It's also some great Canadiana, and I'm always for supporting the home team ...


There are still a lot of excellent seats to see Rita MacNeil and the Men of the Deeps ... you really should grab a couple.

Edit: Hey, I should have realized it, but this is a Christmas Concert! Which is doubly wonderful, as the rich tones of the Men of the Deeps ought to be stunning of my favorite carols ...

No comments: